This lesson teaches you how to build and transform basic objects in 3D space to create a simple environment and building visualization, which you will use to set up all animation in this book.
You will explore the Autodesk® 3ds Max® user interface (UI) as you learn how to build and develop your scene.
In this lesson you will learn the following:
• How to set up project folders in 3ds Max;
• How to set up display units;
• How to create basic primitive objects;
• How to use the Snap tool;
• How to use the modifier stack;
• How to change the viewport settings;
• How to apply texture-mapped materials to a plane;
• How to create ...