In this lesson, you will learn about creating materials and working with the Material Editor in Autodesk® 3ds Max®. You will be introduced to the different material types and their common uses. You will also experiment with several rendering tools.
In this lesson you will learn the following:
• What a material is, and its purpose;
• About the importance of proper material usage;
• About the various tools available when working with materials;
• About the different shader types and material types;
• About ActiveShade and real- time Viewport Shadows.
Introduction to materials
When you look around, materials are everywhere, ...