Entity Framework is a highly recommended Object Relation Mapping tool used to build complex systems. This course provides a full learning path to getting productive with the Entity Framework Core. Designed with the intermediate developer in mind and utilizing all of the latest features introduced by EF Core 2.0 and ASP.NET Core 2.0.
In this course, you will learn how to create, execute and rollback your own migrations. You will also get familiar with everything you need to create complex relational models. You will explore some of the most important advanced features of the entity framework like shadow properties, database generated values and raw SQL queries. You will know how to take an existing database and write a project based upon it with minimal intervention.
By the end of this course, you will certainly have added Entity Framework Core to your toolbox.
What You Will Learn
- Explore object-relational mapping
- Install Entity Framework Core
- Create a database context
- Create, execute, and roll back migrations
- Execute complex relational models
- Seed the database
- Write custom SQL queries
- Work with existing databases
This course is for developers who haven’t worked with Entity Framework Core. Prior exposure to C# is required to understand the course. This course is also for developers who have worked with ORMs in other languages and want to move to Entity Framework Core.
About The Author
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Entity Framework Core
- Chapter 2 : Create, Execute, and Roll Back Migrations
- Chapter 3 : Create Models and Connect Them Through Relationships
- Chapter 4 : Performing Querying Operations
- Chapter 5 : Advanced EF Core
- Title: Learning Entity Framework Core
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788628921
You might also like
Entity Framework Core in Action
Entity Framework Core in Action teaches you how to access and update relational data from .NET …
Entity Framework Core in Action, Second Edition
Entity Framework Core in Action, Second Edition is an in-depth guide to reading and writing databases …
Learn ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework (Database First)
NET, known for its proven scalability, reliability, and support, is the most widely used programming language …
Beginning Entity Framework Core 5: From Novice to Professional
Use the code-driven approach of Entity Framework Core 5 to build a functional web application that …