Book descriptionThis textbook offers a fresh approach to the study of comparative politics and public policy. Instead of concentrating on why countries differ, Learning From Comparative Public Policy explores how countries can learn from each other about the success and failure of policy initiatives. With its theory and practice focus, the lively narrative analyzes the cultural and resources problems involved in importing policies, and the roles of institutions, regulators, think tanks and experts.
In addition to explaining the key tenets of policy analysis, the internationally renowned author offers a wide variety of international case studies and useful boxes to highlight examples. Invaluable reading for students of public policy, for policy makers and practitioners working in the public sector, it includes:
* learning from comparison
* defining a problem and creating awareness
* where to look for lessons
* applying the policy model
* the problems of importing models
* using terms to evaluate future consequences.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Learning from Comparative Public Policy
- Title Page
- List of boxed examples
- Introduction: why learn lessons from abroad?
STAGE I Getting started
- Step 1 Understanding programmes and lessons
- Step 2 Creating awareness of problems
- Step 3 Where to look for lessons
- STAGE II Venturing abroad
STAGE III Returning home
- Step 6 Drawing a lesson
- Step 7 Should a lesson be adopted?
- Step 8 Can a lesson be applied?
- Step 9 Increasing chances of success
- Step 10 Looking ahead
- Title: Learning From Comparative Public Policy
- Release date: August 2004
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781134371112
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …