Book descriptionThis textbook offers a fresh approach to the study of comparative politics and public policy. Instead of concentrating on why countries differ, Learning From Comparative Public Policy explores how countries can learn from each other about the success and failure of policy initiatives. With its theory and practice focus, the lively narrative analyzes the cultural and resources problems involved in importing policies, and the roles of institutions, regulators, think tanks and experts.
In addition to explaining the key tenets of policy analysis, the internationally renowned author offers a wide variety of international case studies and useful boxes to highlight examples. Invaluable reading for students of public policy, for policy makers and practitioners working in the public sector, it includes:
* learning from comparison
* defining a problem and creating awareness
* where to look for lessons
* applying the policy model
* the problems of importing models
* using terms to evaluate future consequences.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Learning from Comparative Public Policy
- Title Page
- List of boxed examples
- Introduction: why learn lessons from abroad?
STAGE I Getting started
- Step 1 Understanding programmes and lessons
- Step 2 Creating awareness of problems
- Step 3 Where to look for lessons
- STAGE II Venturing abroad
STAGE III Returning home
- Step 6 Drawing a lesson
- Step 7 Should a lesson be adopted?
- Step 8 Can a lesson be applied?
- Step 9 Increasing chances of success
- Step 10 Looking ahead
- Title: Learning From Comparative Public Policy
- Release date: August 2004
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781134371112
You might also like
Journalism of Ideas
Journalism of Ideas is a comprehensive field guide for brainstorming, discovering, reporting, digitizing, and pitching news, …
The Business of Media Distribution, 2nd Edition
First published in 2013. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives, 10th Edition
For courses in business, economics, and financial engineering and mathematics. The definitive guide to derivatives markets, …
IT Change Management
Essential reading for anyone wishing to understand how IT change management can be implemented and put …