Chapter 3. Speaking Java – Your First Game
In this chapter, we will start writing our very own Java code at the same time as we begin understanding Java syntax. We will learn how to store, retrieve, and manipulate different types of values stored in the memory. We will also look at making decisions and branching the flow of our code based on the values of this data.
In this order, we will:
- Learn some Java syntax and see how it is turned into a running app by the compiler
- Store data and use it with variables
- Learn how to express yourself in Java with expressions
- Continue with the math game by asking a question
- Learn about decisions in Java
- Continue with the math game by getting and checking the answer
Acquiring the preceding Java skills will enable us ...