Implementing social login
For our first example, we'll use Twitter as our third-party authentication provider. If you want to follow along with the example you will need a Twitter account, which is very quick to set up.
Setting up a Twitter application
In order for Twitter to recognize our application, we need to create a new app in Twitter's developer portal:
- Visit https://apps.twitter.com/ and click on Create New App.
- Fill in the Name, Description, Website, and Callback URL fields:
- If you've deployed your application to Heroku, you can use its Heroku URL here
- Otherwise, just fill in placeholder values for both fields (for example,
- Click on Create your Twitter application.
- Click on the Settings tab and ensure that