Become proficient in deploying and managing applications on Cloud Foundry.
About This Video
- Gain hands-on experience of using Cloud Foundry in production
- Discover spring-boot auto-configuration and develop PCF native Spring Boot applications
- Deploy, manage, and scale applications in your cloud
To date, organizations have adopted PCF because it acts as an abstraction layer on public and private cloud IaaS providers, increasing business agility and time-to-market of software products.
This course kicks off by showing you the steps involved in making your application cloud-ready. Moving on, it delves into the various aspects involved in deploying your application and running it on Cloud Foundry. It also shows you how Spring Boot and PCF tremendously increase developer productivity.
Later, we address the core challenges that Java developers face while developing PCF applications, such as understanding what PCF is and why companies adopt it. Then, it shows you how to quickly bootstrap and deploy various micro-services to PCF, including REST web services and event-driven applications.
At the end of this video course, you’ll learn how to set up your work space, and its architecture, develop a web service application, and deploy it to PCF. You’ll also build a micro-service (event-driven) and deploy it to Cloud Foundry.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Cloud Foundry: The Rudiments and Core Concepts
- The Course Overview 00:02:41
- Setting Up Your Work Space 00:05:28
- Navigating the PCF Console 00:10:48
- Using the CF Command Line Interface to Interact with PCF 00:07:32
- PCF Architecture, Orgs, and Spaces 00:10:17
- Roles, Permissions and Marketplace Services 00:08:43
- Application Monitoring, Logs, and Build Packs 00:08:22
Chapter 2 : Develop and Deploy a Web Service to PCF
- Provisioning a SQL Database from the PCF Marketplace 00:05:40
- Using Eclipse to Create a New Spring Boot Application 00:11:07
- Leveraging Auto Configuration to Bootstrap Your Application 00:08:00
- Creating Your Application’s Manifest YAML File 00:08:39
- Developing Our Web Service and Building it Using Gradle 00:09:07
- Deploying Your Application to PCF Using the CF Command Line 00:03:53
- iewing the Final App and Testing with Postman 00:04:48
Chapter 3 : Develop and Deploy an Event-driven Micro Service to PCF
- Provisioning a RabbitMQ Message Broker from the PCF Marketplace 00:04:01
- Developing the Producer and Consumer Applications with Spring Boot 00:07:36
- How PCF Injects Properties into Your App for Auto Configuration 00:03:54
- Building Your Application Using Maven 00:04:31
- Deploying Your Application Using the CF Command Line Without a Manifest YAML File 00:02:56
- Confirming Your Application Works by Viewing Messages in the RabbitMQ Dashboard 00:05:04
- Title: Learning Pivotal Cloud Foundry for Web Developers
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788391634