Enhance your photos effectively and unleash the artist inside, with Pixelmator
- Learn how to use Pixelmator and its primary tools.
- Discover how to edit your photos using real world examples.
- Use the Effect tools and artistically enhance your images.
Today, everybody has a digital camera, but how do you turn your pictures into masterpieces? With Pixelmator, you will be able to edit your photos like a pro and get that artistic, professional feel to your images.
"Learning Pixelmator" will teach you how to use Pixelmator to turn your everyday snapshots into works of art. With an example-based approach, you will learn how to use each tool effectively to create, edit, or enhance your photos. It is for everyone that wants to get started with Pixelmator.
"Learning Pixelmator" guide’s you through a series of real-world tutorials to artistically edit your photos from start to finish. Starting with simple corrections, you will move onto advanced image editing techniques like creating a tilt-shift look from a photo, performing skin retouching on a portraits, and colorizing your images for an artistic tone. Covering topics such as using layers to create multi-image layouts and how to use text and shapes to embellish your images. With Learning Pixelmator you will learn everything you need to know to create works of art from your everyday photos. With the skills you will learn from this book the sky will be no limit with your digital photography!
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Learning Pixelmator
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Basic Photo Corrections
- Installing Pixelmator
- Starting with a new blank image and importing files
- Resolution and image size
- Customizing the workspace
- Overview of the layout and tool panes
- Using some of the common tools for image editing
- 2. Using Selection Tools
- 3. All about Layers
4. Using the Effects Browser Tools
- Using blur effects
- Working with distortion effects
- Using sharpen effects
- Learning the color adjustment effects
- Overview of Tile effects
- Using Stylize effects
- The Halftone effects
- The Generator effects
- Additional effects under the other menu
- 5. More Creative Photo Corrections
- 6. Advanced Pixelmator Techniques
- Title: Learning Pixelmator
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849694681
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …
CSS in Depth
Summary CSS in Depth exposes you to a world of CSS techniques that range from clever …