Chapter 6. Design Patterns
This chapter will introduce you to some commonly used design patterns. Here is how the chapter is organized:
- We will start with a quick introduction to design patterns, followed by a discussion on some Python language features that help to simplify their implementation.
- Next, with the help of a fantasy game theme, we will discuss the following design patterns:
- Strategy pattern
- Simple and abstract factory pattern
- Adapter pattern
- For each pattern, a simple game scenario will demonstrate a practical problem. We will see how the design pattern can help solve this problem.
- We will also implement each of these patterns using a Pythonic approach.
There are several known design patterns out there. As outlined earlier, we will discuss ...