The Observer pattern – advantages and disadvantages
The Observer pattern provides you with the following advantages:
- It supports the principle of loose coupling between objects that interact with each other
- It allows sending data to other objects effectively without any change in the
Observerscan be added/removed at any point in time
The following are the disadvantages of the Observer pattern:
- The Observer interface has to be implemented by
ConcreteObserver, which involves inheritance. There is no option for composition, as the Observer interface can be instantiated.
- If not correctly implemented, the
Observercan add complexity and lead to inadvertent performance issues.
- In software application, notifications can, at times, ...