Gain an in-depth understanding of data analysis with various Python packages
About This Video
- Learn data analysis, manipulation, and visualization using the pandas library
- Create statistical plots using Matplotlib and Seaborn to help you get insights into real-size patterns hidden in data
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the various Python packages to perform data analysis and implement effective machine learning models
Python is an open source community-supported, general-purpose programming language that, over the years, has also become one of the bastions of data science. Thanks to its flexibility and vast popularity, data analysis, visualization, and machine learning can be easily carried out with Python. This course will help you learn the tools necessary to deploy its features for data science applications.
In this course, you will learn all the necessary libraries that make data analytics with Python rewarding and effective. You will get into hands-on data analysis and machine learning by coding in Python. You will also learn the NumPy library used for numerical and scientific computation. You will employ useful libraries for visualization (Matplotlib and Seaborn) to provide insights into data. Further, you will learn various steps involved in building an end-to-end machine learning solution. The ease of use and efficiency of these tools will help you learn these topics very quickly. The video course is prepared with applications in mind. You will explore coding on real-life datasets, to enable you to utilize your learning within your own projects.
By the end of this course, you’ll have progressed through a journey from data cleaning and preparation to creating summary tables, and from visualization to machine learning and prediction. This video course will prepare you to enter the world of data science. Welcome to our journey!
This course uses Python 3.6, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Python.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Beginning the Data Science Journey
- Chapter 2 : Introducing Jupyter
- Chapter 3 : Understanding Numerical Operations with NumPy
- Chapter 4 : Data Preparation and Manipulation with Pandas
- Chapter 5 : Visualizing Data with Matplotlib and Seaborn
- Chapter 6 : Introduction to Machine Learning and Scikit-learn
- Chapter 7 : Building Machine Learning Models with Scikit-learn
- Chapter 8 : Model Evaluation and Selection
- Title: Learning Python for Data Science
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785886928
You might also like
Machine Learning with Python for Everyone
The Complete Beginner's Guide to Understanding and Building Machine Learning Systems with Python will help you …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Python for Finance, 2nd Edition
The financial industry has recently adopted Python at a tremendous rate, with some of the largest …
Learn Python 3 the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code, First Edition
You Will Learn Python 3! Zed Shaw has perfected the world's best system for learning Python …