A catalog in vRealize Automation is referred to as a service blueprint in ASD terminology. While a blueprint is a complete specification of a service, with service blueprints, you can publish predefined and custom vRealize Orchestrator workflows as catalog items to either request or provision. Depending on whether or not you would like to perform any actions after provisioning, the steps involved in creating a service blueprint will vary:
- Perform actions on the service blueprint after it is provisioned:
Required steps are:
- Create a custom resource mapping.
- Create a service blueprint.
- Create resource actions that define the post provisioning operations.
- No actions are required after provisioning a service blueprint:
Required step is: ...