This video course shows developers how to build high-performing, reactive web interfaces with Vue.js. It starts from scratch, teaching you how to build a Hello World! application in Vue.js and moves towards building advanced applications step by step. You’ll earn the concepts that you need to know about Vue.js. You’ll build an application as you go, putting the concepts we’ve explained into practice. Several modern tools such as Webpack, vue-cli, hot reloading, and vue devtools will be used to develop modern web applications, focusing on the view layer to provide the most performant experience for users. Also you will use the vue-cli-based Webpack template and look at how we can build on top of that starter kit.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build complex and large web applications with Vue.js and will also understand how to make single-file-based reusable components which can be used across projects.
What You Will Learn
- Build a fully functioning reactive web application (SPA) in Vue.js from scratch
- Use modern development tools such as Webpack, vue-cli, hot reloading, and the vue devtools to develop modern web applications
- Fundamentals of developing web applications with Vue.js
- Learn about templates, components, and methods and acquire the skills you need to create your first Vue.js application
- Create scaffolds from Vue.js projects, including third-party packages
- Master features such as state management and routing with Vue.js
About The Author
Jonathan M. Hethey: Jonathan M Hethey has been writing code since the age of 14 and has actively participated in shaping and experimenting with the IT systems around him. After a short apprenticeship as an IT supporter, he completed his studies with a Bachelor degree in Web Development in Denmark.
Since then he has been working as a teacher for young adults with autism and went on to work for agencies as a developer and is now a Full Stack Developer in Copenhagen.
Programming and working in teams efficiently are key to success in a rapidly changing industry, whether we are speaking of app development or creating beautiful web experiences. He quickly became a fan of Git and one of the blog posts on Gitlab lead to his first book contract with PACKT in 2013.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Setting Up Your Environment
- Chapter 2 : Fundamentals of Developing Web Applications with Vue.js
- Chapter 3 : Using Modern Web Development Tools with Vue.js
- Chapter 4 : Building Complex Web Applications with Vue.js
- Title: Learning Vue.js 2.0
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788397414
You might also like
If you feel like your brain is "glitching," or working against you, know that you're not …
Fall in Love with the Problem, Not the Solution
Unicorns-companies that reach a valuation of more than $1 billion-are rare. Uri Levine has built two. …
The Complete Excel Guide: Beginners to Advanced
Everyone knows that the Microsoft Office suite is used by millions worldwide. Unlocking its full potential …
How to Get the Best From Introverts and Extroverts
Welcome to Audio Learning from Assemble You. Swiss psychologist Carl Jung introduced the concept of introversion …