LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT has hit the world by storm, giving you the ability to build your own robots and program them to perform all types of actions. What kind of robots? How about five exploratory robots, used to explore the newly discovered tomb of an ancient Mayan king?
You are along for the ride with Evan and his archaeologist uncle as they explore a Mayan pyramid complete with traps and treasures. Using a variety of NXT robots, the archaeology team is able to move deeper into the tomb towards the secrets of King Ixtua. But beware of the traps! The pyramid's design has successfully deterred unwanted visitors through the centuries, and your team will need to be careful and alert.
You will learn and use a design methodology that will teach you about the new motors and sensors that your robot can use. Complete building and programming instructions are provided for each robot, allowing you to follow along and learn as you build.
Can you help Evan and the team of explorers navigate through the old pyramid and discover King Ixtua's tomb? Read the stories, examine the environments, and build and program the robots that will allow the team to move closer to the secrets of The Mayan Adventure.
This book shows how to design a NXT robot to solve real-world problems.
It includes worksheets that encourage constructive brainstorming techniques.
You'll gain access to four new and unique robot designs.
This book is suitable for both adults and kids exploring NXT.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- CHAPTER 1: Tomb, Trap, and Trigger
- CHAPTER 2: ExploroBot—Planning and Design
- CHAPTER 3: ExploroBot—Build It
- CHAPTER 4: ExploroBot—Program It
- CHAPTER 5: String, Pebbles, and Gravity
- CHAPTER 6: StringBot—Planning and Design
- CHAPTER 7: StringBot—Build It
- CHAPTER 8: StringBot—Program It
- CHAPTER 9: Scroll, Key, and Camera
- CHAPTER 10: SnapShotBot—Planning and Design
- CHAPTER 11: SnapShotBot—Build It
- CHAPTER 12: SnapShotBot—Program It
- CHAPTER 13: Get In, Grab It, Get Out
- CHAPTER 14: GrabberBot—Planning and Design
- CHAPTER 15: GrabberBot—Build It
- CHAPTER 16: GrabberBot—Program It
- CHAPTER 17: Bravery, Wisdom, and Honor
- CHAPTER 18: PushBot—Planning and Design
- CHAPTER 19: PushBot—Build It
- CHAPTER 20: PushBot—Program It
- CHAPTER 21: Discovery, Secret, and Home
- APPENDIX A: Online Reference and Support
- APPENDIX B: Building Instructions for Bots
- APPENDIX C: NXTLOG
- APPENDIX D: HiTechnic NXT Compass Sensor
- Title: LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT: The Mayan Adventure
- Release date: December 2006
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781590597637
You might also like
3D Printing For Dummies, 2nd Edition
The bestselling book on 3D printing 3D printing is one of the coolest inventions we've seen …
Build Your Own Teams of Robots with LEGO® Mindstorms® NXT and Bluetooth®
CREATE YOUR OWN SYNCHRONIZED ROBOT ARMY! PLAN, DESIGN, ASSEMBLE, AND PROGRAM ROBOT SQUADS THAT COMMUNICATE and …
The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Inventor's Guide, 2nd Edition
The Unofficial LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT 2.0 Inventor's Guide helps you to harness the capabilities of the …
The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Discovery Book
From the creative mind of author, robotics instructor, and frequent NXT Step Blog contributor Laurens Valk, …