Book descriptionSmart financial decisions boost more than your bottom line—they'll make you healthier and happier too!
Are you one of the 90% of people who are stressed about money? If so, you know it can take its toll on every part of your life. Financial health, physical health and happiness are profoundly interconnected. It's almost impossible to enjoy any one of these without the help of the other two. The authors describe this phenomenon as the intersection of money, health, and happiness.
Leveraging Your Financial Intelligence will teach you a powerful values-based approach to achieving your most important life goals. As you take steps to improve your financial well-being, you'll discover that leveraging your financial intelligence will also fuel your physical and emotional well-being.
Backed by the latest research findings in neuroscience, psychology, health, and cultural anthropology, the authors' invaluable advice focuses on the practical actions you can take to improve not just your finances, but your overall life satisfaction.
You'll be inspired by meeting people from all walks of life who have leveraged their financial intelligence to build financial security, promote fitness and health, and increase their daily sense of happiness.
Proven recommendations from the authors' work with countless clients, along with worksheets, self-assessments, and other tools will help you apply the book's concepts to enhance your own financial, physical and emotional health.
Use the strategies presented in this book to leverage your financial intelligence in a way that's tailored to your individual circumstances and allows you to create your own extraordinary intersection of money, health, and happiness.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter One: Money, Health, and Happiness: How They're Connected
- Chapter Two: Living in Alignment
- Chapter Three: Setting and Achieving Goals
- Chapter Four: Money
- Chapter Five: Health
Chapter Six: Happiness
- FINDING YOUR HAPPINESS RECIPE
- HAPPINESS IS MORE THAN A CHEERFUL MOOD
- HAPPINESS MEANS LIVING IN ALIGNMENT
- HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- CAPITALIZING ON SELF-AWARENESS
- YOUR BRAIN ON HAPPINESS
- ASSESSING YOUR LEVEL OF HAPPINESS
- CHARACTERISTICS OF HAPPY PEOPLE
- PLANNING TO BE HAPPY
- KEY ACTIVITIES AND PRACTICES FOR BEING HAPPY
- Appendix A: Exercise: What Are Your Top Values?
- Appendix B: Exercise: Values and Behavior Alignment
- Appendix C: Exercise: What Is Your Life's Purpose?
- Appendix D: Exercise: Visualize Yourself Living Your Purpose
- Appendix E: Goal Achievement Planning
- Appendix F: Exercise: Play the Freeze Game
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Leveraging Your Financial Intelligence
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119430780
You might also like
Big Data and Machine Learning in Quantitative Investment
Get to know the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of machine learning and big data in quantitative investment …
How to Pay Zero Taxes, 2020-2021: Your Guide to Every Tax Break the IRS Allows, 37th Edition
Save BIGGER THAN EVER with this fully updated edition of the classic tax-saving guide! Tax whiz …
Bayesian Statistics the Fun Way
Probability and statistics are increasingly important in a huge range of professions. But many people use …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …