2Who’s who?: identify those who hold stake in an issue and what their positions are
The Web site DHMO.org (www.dhmo.org) is dedicated to raising the alarm about a colorless, odorless chemical that is widespread in the environment. According to the Web site, the chemical, dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO), has the following dangers:
• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
• Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
• Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side effects.
• DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
• Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
• Contributes to soil erosion.
• Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
• Contamination ...