Liferay in Action is a comprehensive and authoritative guide to building portals on the Liferay 6 platform. Fully supported and authorized by Liferay, this book guides you smoothly from your first exposure to Liferay through the crucial day-to-day tasks of building and maintaining an enterprise portal that works well within your existing IT infrastructure.
About the Technology
About the Book
Experienced developers will learn how to use new Liferay APIs to build social and collaborative sites, use the message bus and workflow, implement indexing and search, and more. This book was developed in close collaboration with Liferay engineers, so it answers the right questions, and answers them in depth.
- Complete coverage of Liferay Portal 6
- Covers both the commercial and open source versions
- Custom portlet development using the Portlet 2.0 spec
- Liferay's social network API
- Add functionality with hooks and Ext plugins
About the Reader
No experience with Liferay or the Portlets API is required, but basic knowledge of Java and web technology is assumed.
About the Author
Rich Sezov is Liferay's Knowledge Manager and is the author of the Liferay Portal Administrator's Guide. He leads Liferay's documentation and training materials team.
Flat-out the best guide for Liferay 6.0 and the upcoming 6.1 release.
- Brian Kim, Liferay COO
Excellent in-depth treatise on the most popular CMS on the planet.
- Sumit Pal, LeapFrogRx Inc.
Harness the full power of this juggernaut technology.
- Tariq Ahmed, Amcom Technology
A great companion to Liferay's Admin Guide.
- John J. Ryan III, Princigration LLC
Expertly written, thorough coverage.
- John S. Griffin, Coauthor of Hibernate Search in Action
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About This Book
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Working with Liferay and portlets
- Chapter 1. The Liferay difference
- Chapter 2. Getting started with the Liferay development platform
- Part 2. Writing applications on Liferay’s platform
- Chapter 3. A data-driven portlet made easy
- Chapter 4. MVC the Liferay way
- Chapter 5. Designing your site with themes and layout templates
- Chapter 6. Making your site social
- Chapter 7. Enabling user collaboration
- Part 3. Customizing Liferay
- Chapter 8. Hooks
- Chapter 9. Extending Liferay effectively
- Chapter 10. A tour of Liferay APIs
- Appendix A. Liferay and IDEs
- Appendix B. Introduction to the Portlet API
- Appendix C. Inter-portlet communication
- Appendix D. How to contribute to Liferay
- Appendix E. Liferay 6.1 Documents API
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Liferay in Action
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781935182825
You might also like
Hands- On Liferay DXP: Learn Portlet Development and Customization Using OSGi Modules
Explore the development and customization of OSGi modules in Liferay DXP and choosing the right underlying …
Liferay Portal Performance Best Practices
To maximize the performance of your Liferay Portals you need to acquire best practices. By the …
Liferay Portal 6.2 Enterprise Intranets
A practical guide to adopting portal development best practices in an Enterprise world About This Book …
Portlets in Action
Portlets in Action is a comprehensive, hands-on guide to building portlet-driven applications in Java. Covers Portlet …