Chapter 8. Datasets
This chapter covers
- The Description of a Project vocabulary for describing projects
- The Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets for describing datasets
- The purpose and preparation of a sitemap for describing sites
- Techniques for linking to other datasets
- How to join the Linked Open Data cloud
In previous chapters we’ve stressed the importance of applying the principles of Linked Data. You’ll recall that one of these principles is to use HTTP URIs so that the references are resolvable and define the item without equivocation. By using vocabularies like Description of a Project (DOAP) to describe software projects, Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets (VoID) to describe datasets, and sitemaps for describing websites, you support ...