Chapter 9. Securing your web server
This chapter covers
- Securing your infrastructure
- Controlling access to your server using firewalls
- Using encryption to protect your data
- Tightening the authentication process
- Controlling software and processes
The web part of web server is a bit misleading. After all, most of the security tools I’m going to discuss in this chapter are important no matter what kind of server you’re running. In fact, server is also kind of redundant, as all computers need securing. Still, because by definition they’re exposed to significant external traffic, the security of your web servers should be a particularly high priority. So the best way to test the things you’re going to learn about in this chapter is to have an ...