Chapter 10. Securing network connections: Creating a VPN or DMZ
This chapter covers
- Implementing server security configurations
- Deploying an OpenVPN tunnel to secure remote connections
- Using firewalls to control access between segments
- Using iptables and Shorewall to create a DMZ-based network
- Testing network connectivity solutions using virtual environments
They tell us we live in a hyper-mobile world. Not that I’d know: I rarely leave my home office. I get to enjoy the comforts of my home office because all the server resources I could possibly need are available remotely. Apparently I’m not alone.
Almost everyone whose work touches IT will access their professional tools from remote locations from time to time. And given that the public ...