9+ Hours of Video Instruction
More than 9 hours of video instruction to help you learn everything you need to know to deploy Linux in Microsoft Azure cloud.
Linux on Azure LiveLessons: Deploying and Managing Linux on Azure is a unique video product that teaches you everything you need to know to get up and running with Linux if you are a Microsoft Professional who needs to deploy, manage, and monitor Linux in an Azure environment. This comprehensive video course starts with the essentials, and then quickly moves forward from there, focusing on tasks that are specific for managing Linux workloads in an Azure environment. Content includes managing containers, monitoring Linux, working with configuration management tools, and working with Azure-specific services for managing Linux. This is a must-see course for anyone who needs to learn how to administer Linux on Azure.
Sander van Vugt, an independent Linux specialist, provides more than 11 hours of instruction in 4 modules with 12 video lessons. The videos consist of author instruction, whiteboard teaching, and video screencasts. Each video lesson presents detailed knowledge, deep dives into specific topics, and illustrations of key concepts.
- Understanding Linux
- Using Containers
- Linux Configuration Management
- Linux Monitoring and Troubleshooting
About the Instructor
Sander van Vugt has been teaching Linux classes since 1995 and has written more than 60 books about different Linux-related topics. Sander is a Red Hat Certified Instructor and has deep knowledge and understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. He has been teaching Linux since 1994, and as a Red Hat Certified Examiner, he is authorized to proctor different Red Hat exams. He is also a regular speaker on major Linux conferences all over the world.
Learn How To
- Get started with Azure
- How to manage Linux in an Azure environment
- How to handle typical Linux management tasks
- Manage containers and Azure-specific tools that are available for managing containers as well as virtual machines
- How to configure management, including tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and Salt, as well as the Azure Resource Manager
- How to troubleshoot in Azure, as well as monitor resources through Nagios and Zabbix
Who Should Take This Course
- Professionals working for Microsoft and the Microsoft partner channels
- Microsoft professionals who need to deploy, manage, and monitor Linux in an Azure environment
- Linux professionals who want to extend their skills to managing Linux in an Azure environment
- This title can be used as a secondary resource to study for the Microsoft MCSA Linux on Azure certificate.
- Working experience as an IT professional.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1, Linux and Azure Fundamentals, introduces what is required to get started with Linux on Azure and the Linux operating system. Create an Azure account and interact with Azure, using the different interfaces.
Lesson 2, Advanced Linux Administration, demonstrates some of the more advanced Linux administration tasks. Learn how common tasks might have to be performed in a different way while managing Linux on Azure.
Lesson 3, Using Containers, is about managing containers in an Azure environment with an introduction to containers and its components. Learn what Docker is and how to install it, about storage and networking in a Docker environment, and how Docker can be integrated in an Azure environment.
Lesson 4, Deploying Linux in Azure Cloud, shows options for managing Linux in Azure cloud, focusing on the different components that exist in an Azure environment for managing Linux. Work with VM images, Azure VM agent, and Azure VM extensions.
Lesson 5, Configuration Management Solutions, demonstrates configuration management tools in an Azure environment. Learn about DevOps, infrastructure as a code, and how these can be used in an Azure cloud environment.
Lesson 6, Puppet, shows how Puppet can be used as a configuration management tool. Learn about Puppet architecture and components, how to install Puppet and manage configurations using Puppet, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
Lesson 7, Ansible, demonstrates how Ansible can be used as a configuration management tool. Learn how to install Ansible, manage configurations using Ansible, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
Lesson 8, Chef, introduces how Chef can be used as a configuration management tool. Learn how to install Chef, manage configurations using Chef, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
Lesson 9, Salt, shows how Salt can be used as a configuration management tool. Install Salt and manage configurations using Salt and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
Lesson 10, Linux in Azure Troubleshooting, is about troubleshooting Linux in an Azure environment and focuses on some of the common strategies to troubleshoot Linux when used in Azure. Work with some of the tools that are provided for this purpose by Azure and get to know some of the most common Linux troubleshooting tools that are available.
Lesson 11, Nagios, introduces the Nagios monitoring system. Learn which components are involved when working with Nagios, how to set it up for monitoring, and how to use it to actually monitor nodes using Nagios.
Lesson 12, Introduction to Zabbix, shows how Zabbix is used to monitor devices in your environment. This lesson explains its components, how to install it, and how you can use it to monitor assets in the Azure cloud.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Understanding Linux
Lesson 1: Linux and Azure Fundamentals
- Learning objectives
- 1.1 Getting Started with Azure
- 1.2 Using Azure Clients
- 1.3 Deploying a Linux Instance on Azure
- 1.4 Deploying a Linux Instance on Azure Demo
- 1.5 Managing VMs in Azure
- 1.6 Linux and Open Source Fundamentals
- 1.7 Linux Fundamentals: Working with Bash
- 1.8 Working with I/O and Processes
- 1.9 Using SSH
- 1.10 Managing Users and Groups
- 1.11 Understanding Linux Permissions Management
- 1.12 Managing Linux Permissions Demo
- 1.13 Configuring sudo
- 1.14 Managing Software in Linux
- 1.15 Working with GIT
Lesson 2: Advanced Linux Administration
- Learning objectives
- 2.1 Understanding Linux Hardware Handling
- 2.2 Managing Linux Storage: Devices and Partitions
- 2.3 Understanding LVM
- 2.4 Managing LVM
- 2.5 Managing Linux File Systems
- 2.6 Using Swap in a Cloud Environment
- 2.7 Working with Systemd
- 2.8 Linux Log File Management
- 2.9 Securing Linux with Mandatory Access Control
- 2.10 Managing Linux Networking
- 2.11 Integrating Linux with AD
- Module 2: Using Containers
Lesson 3: Using Containers
- Learning objectives
- 3.1 An Introduction to Working with Containers
- 3.2 Understanding Container Ingredients
- 3.3 Understanding Docker
- 3.4 Installing Docker
- 3.5 Running Docker Containers
- 3.6 Managing Docker Images
- 3.7 Understanding Docker Networking
- 3.8 Orchestration of Docker Containers
- 3.9 Using Docker Machine
- 3.10 Using Azure Docker VM Extension
- 3.11 Managing Azure Container Services
- 3.12 Working with Containers on Azure
- Lesson 4: Deploying Linux in Azure Cloud
- Module 3: Linux Configuration Management
- Lesson 5: Configuration Management Solutions
- Lesson 6: Puppet
- Lesson 7: Ansible
- Lesson 8: Chef
- Lesson 9: Salt
- Module 4: Linux Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 10: Linux in Azure Troubleshooting
- Lesson 11: Nagios
- Lesson 12: Introduction to Zabbix
- Title: Linux on Azure: Deploying and Managing Linux on Azure
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134863844
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Ansible Fundamentals LiveLessons
4 Hours of Video Instruction 4 hours of video to get you started using Ansible, focusing …
Linux Under the Hood
Over 9Hours of Video Instruction Description Learn all about Linux internals and how Linux really works. …
Linux Security: Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening (EX413) and LPIC-3 303 (Security) Exams
Duration More than 13 hours of video instruction. Overview Learn everything you need to know about …