This chapter’s learning objectives are
- Understanding the role of text editors in Linux and specifically how to use vi and/or emacs
- Learning about the available productivity software available in Linux
- Understanding the use of encryption in Linux and how to apply openssl
- Understanding the basic usage of the mail and sendmail programs
- Understanding the use of IP aliases and addresses and the domain name system (DNS) of the Internet
- Understanding the basic network commands available in Linux
One of the strengths of the Linux platform is that much of it has been developed by the open-source community. Not only does this mean that the operating system itself is available for free, it also means that ...