A wakeup call that shows us how to live our best and longest lives through the power of AI
- Discover how the latest cutting-edge developments in health and AI are helping us live longer, healthier, and better lives
- Personalize your health, wealth and well-being using technology best suited to help you plan and build up your assets for a multi-stage life
- Understand how we can live our best lives in a post-COVID-19 world and equip ourselves for the next pandemic using technology
Live Longer with AI examines how the latest cutting-edge developments are helping us to live longer, healthier and better too. It compels us to stop thinking that health is about treating disease and start regarding it as our greatest personal and societal asset to protect.
The book discusses the impact that AI has on understanding the cellular basis of aging and how our genes are influenced by our environment – with the pandemic highlighting the interconnectedness of human and planetary health.
Author Tina Woods, founder and CEO of Collider Health and Collider Science, and the co-founder of Longevity International, has curated a panel of deeply insightful interviews with some of today's brightest and most innovative thought leaders at the crossroads of health, technology and society.
Read what leading experts in health and technology are saying about the book:
"This is a handbook for the revolution!"
—Sir Muir Gray, Director, Optimal Ageing
"You can live longer and be happier if you make some changes – that is the theme of this book. Well-written and compelling."
—Ben Page, CEO, Ipsos Mori
"Tina's book is a must-read for those who want to discover the future of health."
—Jose Luis Cordeiro, Fellow, World Academy of Art & Science; Director, The Millennium Project; Vice Chair, Humanity Plus; Co-Author of The Death of Death
About the consultant editor
Melissa Ream is a leading health and care strategist in the UK, leveraging user-driven design and artificial intelligence to design systems and support people to live healthier, longer lives.
What you will learn
- Discover how AI is changing the way we understand the wider determinants of health, how the environment influences our genes and why the solutions for living longer are linked to living greener
- Inform your perspective on how technology can deal with the health emergency in front of us – by minimizing health and wealth inequalities
- Learn why our “life data” is so important and how sharing it will help us develop aging “bio-markers”, enabling us to predict and manage dementia and other chronic diseases of aging
- Find out how scientists and doctors are using AI to find a vaccine for Covid-19, make us more resilient to future pandemic threats and pre-empt the next outbreak
Who this book is for
Professionals and general readers with an interest in learning how technology can and is being used to change our approach to aging and help us live longer and healthier lives. No prior knowledge of or experience with artificial intelligence is required.
Table of contents
- Who We Are – And What Drives Us
- Nature Versus Nurture and the Exposome
- Moving Sickcare to Well-being, Through Prevention
- Building Up Assets for the 100-Year Life
- Title: Live Longer with AI
- Release date: September 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838646158
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
AI as a Service
AI as a Service is a fast-paced guide to harnessing the power of cloud-based solutions. You'll …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …