Record, arrange, mix, produce, and polish your audio files with this best-selling, Apple-certified guide to Logic Pro X 10.4. Veteran producer and composer David Nahmani uses step-bystep, project-based instructions and straightforward explanations to teach everything from basic music creation to sophisticated production techniques..
Using the book's downloadable lesson files and Logic Pro X, you'll begin making music in the first lesson. From there, learn to record audio and MIDI data, create and edit sequences, and master mixing and automation techniques such as submixing with track stacks. Create both acoustic and electronic virtual drum performances using Drummer tracks with Drum Kit Designer and Drum Machine Designer. Use Logic Pro X MIDI FX and Smart Controls to control software synthesizers from a MIDI controller or an iPad.
Harness the power of Smart Tempo to make sure all recordings, imported audio files, and samples play in time. Flex Time allows you to precisely edit the timing of notes inside an audio recording, and you'll explore Flex Pitch to correct the pitch of a vocal recording. Finally, you mix, automate, and master the song, using plug-ins to process only selected sections or entire tracks, giving your audio creations the final polish needed to achieve a professional sound.
- Downloadable lesson and media files allow you to perform the hands-on exercises.
- Focused lessons take you step by step through practical, real-world tasks.
- Accessible writing style puts an expert instructor at your side
- Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast.
- Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time.
- Chapter review questions summarize what you've learned and help you prepare for the Apple certification exam.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started
Exploring the Interface and Working with Real Instruments
- Lesson 1 Make Music with Logic Now!
- Lesson 2 Recording Audio
- Lesson 3 Editing Audio
Working with Virtual Instruments
- Lesson 4 Producing a Virtual Drum Track
- Lesson 5 Using Patches and Recording MIDI
- Lesson 6 Creating and Editing MIDI
Building a Song
Lesson 7 Editing Pitch and Time
- Setting a Project Tempo by Detecting the Tempo of a Recording
- Using and Creating Apple Loops
- Matching an Audio File to the Project Key and Tempo
- Adding a Turntable or Tape Slow-Down Effect
- Creating Tempo Changes and Tempo Curves
- Making One Track Follow the Groove of Another Track
- Change the Playback Pitch and Speed with Varispeed
- Editing the Timing of an Audio Region
- Tuning Vocal Recordings
- Lesson Review
- Lesson 8 Editing an Arrangement
- Lesson 7 Editing Pitch and Time
Mixing and Automating a Song
- Lesson 9 Mixing
- Lesson 10 Automating the Mix
- Appendix A Controlling Logic with an iPad Using Logic Remote
- Appendix B Keyboard Shortcuts (Default for U.S. Keyboard)
- Title: Logic Pro X 10.4 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Music Production
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780135245699
You might also like
Logic Pro X For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Spend less time learning and more time recording Logic Pro X offers Mac users the tools …
Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X Advanced Audio Production: Composing and Producing Professional Audio
In this Apple-certified guide, author David Dvorin demonstrates the powerful advanced features in Logic Pro X. …
Logic Pro X 10.5 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Music Production
Record, arrange, mix, produce, and polish your music with this best-selling, Apple-certified guide to Logic Pro …
Alchemy: Synthesis and Sound Design with Alchemy in Logic Pro X
Introduced in Logic Pro 10.2, Alchemy joins the upper echelon of sound design tools offered by …