Logistics, the supply chain and competitive strategy
- Supply chain management is a wider concept than logistics
- Competitive advantage
- The supply chain becomes the value chain
- The mission of logistics management
- The supply chain and competitive performance
- The changing competitive environment
Logistics and supply chain management are not new ideas. From the building of the pyramids to the relief of hunger in Africa there has been little change to the principles underpinning the effective flow of materials and information to meet the requirements of customers.
Throughout the history of mankind, wars have been won and lost through logistics‘ strengths and capabilities – or the lack of them. It has been argued that the defeat of the British ...