What happens when people use a smartphone to connect with your website or application? Are they delighted or frustrated? With more than a million touch-screen phones shipping every day, it’s vital that you design your site to appeal to the mobile crowd. In this video workshop, Luke Wroblewski shows you design best practices that include the organization, actions, inputs, and layout necessary to deliver a satisfying experience to people with modern mobile devices.
Through numerous examples, you’ll learn how to::
That’s just a sample of what you’ll learn with this video. Armed with these design best practices and principles, you can make sure people have a great mobile web experience whenever they visit your site.
Table of Contents
- Why Care about Mobile? 00:12:32
- Why Care About Mobile Web Experiences 00:16:13
- Mobile Capabilities 00:13:02
- Mobile Constraints 00:14:02
- Aligning with Mobile Behaviors 00:09:38
- Navigation Elements 00:20:56
- Designing for Touch Targets 00:13:58
- Designing with Touch Gestures 00:16:33
- Cover Hovers 00:11:01
- Embrace Mobile Input 00:06:20
- Mobile Form Structures 00:11:37
- Asks 00:16:17
- Designing for Different Devices 00:22:50
- Viewports and Pixels 00:14:14
- Title: Luke Wroblewski on Designing for Mobile First
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449314408