Have you ever noticed that in just about every Mac book, the author will include a couple of tips in each chapter (you'll usually find them in the sidebar, or at the bottom of the page in a tinted box). Sometimes it's a shortcut, a faster way to do something, or a clever workaround that just makes your life easier. People really love those tips, but there's only one problem--there's never enough of them.
That's why Scott Kelby, bestselling author and Editor-in-Chief of Mac Design magazine came up with the idea to create a book that’s nothing but “sidebar” tips. That's right--this entire book, cover-to-cover is packed with nothing but those cool inside secrets, slick workarounds, undocumented shortcuts, and sneaky little tricks that will make you faster, better, and have more fun using Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger).
Nothing but the tips!
You're not going to find complicated descriptions on how to configure a network, how to partition a hard drive, or lines and lines of scary-looking UNIX code--instead this book is nothing but cool tips--and it's all written in Scott's casual, plain English style so you can start using these tips today. Plus, this book does the standard "sidebar tip" one better by including a clear screen capture with nearly every tip, so you can see exactly how it's all done.
Not just tips. Killer tips!
To be in this book, every tip has got to be a "Killer Tip" (the kind of tip that makes you nod and smile, then call all your Mac buddies to tune them up with your new-found power). Scott’s a total "hip hound" (in fact, it was Scott who created the entire smash-bestselling "Killer Tips" book series), and he doesn't hold anything back--it's all here from the man who literally "wrote the book" on cool productivity tips.If you like doing things the easy way, if you like getting twice the work done in half the time, and if you get a kick out of knowing all the "inside secrets and undocumented shortcuts" that will wow your friends and coworkers, you're absolutely going to love this book.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
- Other Books by Scott Kelby
- Table of Contents
- Warning: As Many as 7% of the People Who Start Here Will Suffer Spontaneous Blindness
- Window Wonderland: Cool Window Tips
- Show Me the Way: Navigating Essentials
- For Those About to Dock!: Docking Miracles Made Easy
- Spotlight on Sam & Dave: Spotlight Search Tips
- Fly Like an Eagle: Mac OS X Speed Tips
- Cool & the Gang: Way Cool Tips
- Cheap Trick: Mac OS X Pranks
- She Drives Me Crazy: How to Stop Annoying Things
- Surfin’ Safari: Tips for Using the Safari Web Browser
- You’ve Got Mail: Tips for Using Mail
- Takin’ Care of Business: Business Apps That Come with Mac OS X
- It’s My Life: Tips for Using iLife Applications
- Talking Heads: iChat AV Tips
- Additional Resources
- Title: Mac OS X Tiger Killer Tips
- Release date: August 2005
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 0321290542
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Linux Basics for Hackers
If you’re getting started along the exciting path of hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting, Linux Basics for …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …