In This Chapter:
Personal preferences panes enable you to configure the appearance and operation of Mac OS X to suit your needs. This chapter covers the following System Preferences panes:
• Desktop & Screen Saver sets the desktop picture and screen saver options.
• Dock configures the Dock.
• General controls general appearance, scrolling, and recent item options.
• Language & Text controls language, formatting, and input sources.
• Mission Control sets options for Mission Control, Exposé, and Spaces.
• Security & Privacy controls system-wide security options.
• Spotlight customizes the way searching works. ...