Tips and techniques for forward-thinking MacBook Pro users
Now that you have a MacBook Pro, you need just one more accessory, your very own copy of MacBook Pro Portable Genius, Third Edition. This handy, compact book lets you in on a wealth of tips and tricks, so you get the very most out of Apple's very popular notebook. Discover the latest on the most recent release of iLife, get the skinny on the new Intel Core i7 and i5 processors in the Pro, see how to go wireless in a smart way, and much more. The book is easy to navigate, doesn't skimp on the essentials, and helps you save time and avoid hassle.
Includes savvy advice and plenty of no-nonsense content in a clear layout that is easy to access
Covers key tools, topics, and shortcuts on things like running Windows applications, desktop sharing, the latest operating system Mac OS X Lion and the latest iLife '11 release
Features Genius icons throughout the book that provide smart and innovative ways to handle tasks and save yourself time
Get better acquainted with your MacBook Pro with MacBook Pro Portable Genius, 3rd Edition.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: How Can I Use My Desktop Space Efficiently?
- Chapter 2: How Do I Manage User Accounts?
- Chapter 3: What Are My Internet Connection Options?
- Chapter 4: What Can I Do on a Local Network?
- Chapter 5: How Can I Control My MacBook Pro More Effectively?
- Chapter 6: How Do I Take Advantage of MobileMe?
- Chapter 7: How Can I Manage My Contacts?
- Chapter 8: How Can I Go Beyond E-mail Basics with Mail?
- Chapter 9: How Can I Chat?
- Chapter 10: How Can I Manage My Calendars?
- Chapter 11: How Do I Make Better Use of My MacBook Pro's Audio?
- Chapter 12: How Do I Store and Maintain My Data?
- Chapter 13: How Can I Make Sure I Don't Run Out of Battery Power?
- Chapter 14: How Can I Protect My MacBook Pro?
- Chapter 15: How Can I Run Windows Applications?
- Chapter 16: How Do I Solve MacBook Pro Problems?
- Title: MacBook Pro™ Portable Genius, 3rd Edition
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470642047