The torrent of data from devices, data centers, and factories poses unique challenges to data scientists and engineers. In this O’Reilly video collection, you’ll learn ways to harness the flood of information from the Internet of Things by finding underlying patterns, hidden anomalies, and powerful correlations at massive scale. Each video segment captures a presentation from the Machine Data track at the 2014 Strata Conference in Santa Clara, California.
Table of Contents
- Introduction 00:00:55
- Machine Learning Gremlins - Ben Hamner 00:30:59
- Machine Learning for Machine Data - David Andrzejewski 00:44:46
- Driving the Future of Smart Cities - How to Beat the Traffic - Ian Huston, Alexander Kagoshima, and Noelle Sio 00:45:43
- Big Data for Big Power: Smart Meters Smart Grid - Brett Sargent 00:36:03
- Big Industrial Internet Data: Connecting and Optimizing at New Scales - Steven Gustafson, and Parag Goradia 00:34:18
- Big Data for Better Data Centers - Krishna Raj Raja, and Balaji Parimi 00:40:28
- Working With Time Series Data Using Apache Cassandra - Patrick McFadin 00:15:47
- How Twitter Monitors Millions of Time-series - Yann Ramin 00:34:50
- Title: Machine Data
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491902486