Machine learning is no longer just a tool for data scientists. By taking advantage of recent advances in this technology, UI and UX designers can find ways to better engage with and understand their users. This O’Reilly report not only introduces you to contemporary machine learning systems, but also provides a conceptual framework to help you integrate machine-learning capabilities into your user-facing designs.
Using tangible, real-world examples, author Patrick Hebron explains how machine-learning applications can affect the way you design websites, mobile applications, and other software. You’ll learn how recent advancements in machine learning can radically enhance software capabilities through natural language processing, image recognition, content personalization, and behavior prediction.
This report explains how to:
- Leverage machine-generated user insights to provide a more personalized customer or user experience
- Spot opportunities for the integration of machine-learning capabilities into existing designs and platforms
- Choose the right machine-learning platforms or services
- Design for the probabilistic and often imprecise nature of machine-generated data
- Stay up to date with advancements in the field and spot emerging opportunities for machine learning-aided design
Table of Contents
Machine Learning for Designers
- Why Design for Machine Learning is Different
- What Is Machine Learning?
- Enhancing Design with Machine Learning
- Dealing with Challenges
- Working with Machine Learning Platforms
- Going Further
- Title: Machine Learning for Designers
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491971444