After studying this topic, you should be able to understand
- In a foreign exchange market foreign, currency (or foreign exchange) is purchased and sold by individuals, firms, commercial banks and the central banks of the different countries.
- Two types of foreign exchange transactions are spot transaction and forward transaction.
- The exchange rate reflects the purchasing power of one country’s currency in terms of the purchasing power of another country’s currency.
- Two nominal exchange rate systems are flexible or floating exchange rate system and fixed exchange rate system.
- As to how the exchange rate is determined, will depend on whether the exchange rates system is a flexible or a fixed exchange rate system.
- In a flexible ...
Get Macroeconomics: Theory and Policy now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.