Now that you have a Mac laptop, you have
you need to be a Road Warrior—a mobile computing
expert. Grab your Mac laptop and let John and Robin
show you how to realize the full potential of mobile
computing. Be productive, be creative, or just have a
lot of fun while you’re on the go! Whether you’re
traveling from one room to the other, from home to
office, or even to another country, Macs on the Go!
shows you how to take advantage of the power of
You’ll learn how to:
- Modify your Network settings for connectivity.
- Use the Mac’s built-in software to keep in touch.
- Receive and send email from almost anywhere
in the world.
- Customize Network settings.
- Use iChat to video conference or audio chat
while on the go.
- Keep in touch using .Mac Group pages or iWeb
for blogs, photo pages, and movie pages.
- Take advantage of cool .Mac account features.
And you’ll learn about:
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology.
- Wireless connections and Hotspots.
- Using a mobile phone to connect to the Internet.
- File sharing while on the go.
- Advanced Road Warrior tips.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedicated to the ones we love
- Many Thanks
- 1. Being Mobile Things You Can Do
- 2. Essential Hardware for Mobile Computing
- 3. Network Preferences for Mobile Computing
- 4. A .Mac Account for Mobile Computing
- 5. iChat and Bonjour for Easy Communication
- 6. iCal Calendars for Mobile Computing
- 7. Energy Saver and Fax Tidbits for Traveling
- 8. Mobility Tips Domestic and Foreign
- 9. Wi-Fi and Hotspots A Wireless Primer
- 10. File Sharing On the Go
- 11. Extra Road Warrior Tips
- Title: Macs on the Go!: Guide to Mobile Computing for Mac Laptops Using Mac OS X
- Release date: May 2006
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321247483