Building a frontend interface
Now that we have defined the necessary minimum for data persistence functionality, we can move forward to building a frontend interface. The module requirement says that customers should be able to submit a ticket through their My Account section. We will therefore add a link called Helpdesk Tickets under the customer's My Account section.
The following are needed for a fully functional frontend:
- A route that will map to our controller
- A controller that will catch requests from a mapped route
- A controller action that will load the layout
- Layout XMLs that will update the view making it look as if we are on the My Account section while providing content of our own
- A block class to power our template file
- A template file that ...
Get Magento 2 Developer's Guide now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.