You don't need to own a factory to make toys. Author and toymaker Bob Knetzger has been making fun stuff all his life with simple technology like vacuum forming and mold-making. In an age where makers are tantalized by the capabilities of 3d printers and other digital fab technology, this book takes you back to old-school hand tools, simple electronics, and working with metal and plastic to make toys every bit as good as those you can find in a big-box store.
This book has something for everyone, from a marble maze to a talking booby trap; from custom cookie cutters to an "EZ Make" oven. Discover the basic principles of science, electronics, and engineering through hands-on projects that range from easy to more challenging... and are always fun!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Toy Inventing and Kit Bashing
- Chapter 2 Easy Electronics
- Chapter 3 Exploring Science with Toys
- Chapter 4 Thermoforming Plastics
- Chapter 5 Casting and Molding
- Chapter 6 Holiday Projects
- Chapter 7 Working with Metal
- Apendix Bonus Material
- Title: Make Fun!
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Make: Community
- ISBN: 9781457194122