Light up your life with ingenious LED projects perfect for the whole family! This beautifully presented book is filled with full-color photographs and step-by-step instructions for projects that can be completed by even the youngest Maker.
Featuring 21 DIY LED crafting projects that build upon lessons learned to guarantee success, Make It Glow starts with ultra simple projects and then tackles increasingly complicated ones. Beginning with Blue-Light Greeting Cards, Eyes in the Dark, and Flickerbugs projects, you'll gradually increase your ambition and scale by crafting Fairy Wings, a Light-up Tote Bag, Electric Roses, and more. You will be thrilled by the decorative, fun designs you're able to create as you develop new skills that will unleash your creativity!
Table of contents
- CHAPTER 1: Glowies & Throwies What could be easier than taping a battery to an LED? That’s all you need to do to begin your explorations! Just add power (from a battery) to a light source (an LED), and you’ve made a simple circuit that will glow up your world.
- CHAPTER 2: Paper CircuitsA sheet of paper may not seem very exciting on its own, but it can provide the foundation for so many amazing experiments! This chapter explores the many dimensions of folding, taping, and cutting to make simple circuits.
- CHAPTER 3: Soft Circuitry & Wearables Power up your wardrobe with activities that pair sewable LEDs with conductive thread. Make everything from trendy fashions to heartwarming stuffies, and try out new tools and techniques to expand your DIY horizons.
CHAPTER 4: Twist, Solder, Tape & Hack
Mix it up! Once you get a feel for all the ways you can use LEDs, batteries, and circuits to make things glow, you can begin experimenting with different ways to put them together.
- Electric Roses >> SKILL LEVEL 1
- Thunderclouds >> SKILL LEVEL 1
- Firefly Nightlight >> SKILL LEVEL 1
- Marquee Letter >> SKILL LEVEL 3
- Jazzed-up Jewelry: Start by Making Glue Jewels! >> SKILL LEVEL 1
- Glue-Jewel Glimmer Ring >> SKILL LEVEL 2
- Glue-Jewel Royal Crown >> SKILL LEVEL 3
- More Ways to Glow! Introducing EL Wire
- More Tips & Troubleshooting
- Activities by Skill Level
- About the Authors
- Title: Make It Glow
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): Make: Community
- ISBN: 9781680451054
You might also like
Practical Electronics for Inventors, Fourth Edition, 4th Edition
A Fully-Updated, No-Nonsense Guide to Electronics Advance your electronics knowledge and gain the skills necessary to …
Beginning with the basics and moving gradually to greater challenges, this book takes you step-by-step through …
Make: Sensors is the definitive introduction and guide to the sometimes-tricky world of using sensors to …
Making Things Smart
Making Things Smart teaches the fundamentals of the powerful ARM microcontroller by walking beginners and experienced …