Job Requirements (continued):
- Knows one's own communication style under pressure and hot buttons.
- Understands body language, voice cues, and power of words.
- Stays cool and manages emotions.
- Does not back away from conflict.
- Realizes that everyone does not communicate in the same way.
- Willing and able to adjust one's communication style to work well with other people.
- Speaks up and escalates when things are wrong.
- Knows when to be quiet, apologize, and listen.
- Can say no professionally and wisely.
- Uses influence and persuasion.
You cannot make the most of your workday if you don't communicate effectively. It's not just that the job requirement list for this chapter is very long. Consider what happened with my communication ...