BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE: KNOWLEDGE OF KEY SUCCESS INGREDIENTS FOR PROJECT SERVER 2010
IN THIS CHAPTER
This chapter helps set the stage for the deep-dive and thought-provoking tour we will be taking in establishing a good enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) system.
We focus on the importance of leveraging key technology and methodology components to help create a successful foundation for meaningful reporting and maximization of PPM technologies.
We review different types of lifecycles and how to work toward alignment through business and project lifecycles to leverage the power of Project Server's engine to reinforce best practices. We show how to work toward an end game of simple visuals and dashboards that enable business leaders, project managers, and even team members to participate in the success of their projects and what we refer to as “one version of the truth.”
What You Will Learn
- Different key focus areas you need to address in establishing a strong PPM system
- The importance of lifecycle, phases, and stages to simplify and automate management, grouping, and reporting
- How to blend technology with methodology
- Understand the difference between Project 2010 and Project Server 2010
- How to scale Project Server 2010 from top down (portfolio planning) to bottom up (detailed and task planning) and how to leverage either or both
MAXIMIZING PPM INGREDIENTS, CULTURE, AND TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
In the world of business, the drive to getting good business ...