VALUE PROPOSITION BY ROLE OF PROJECT SERVER 2010
IN THIS CHAPTER
This chapter is designed to help you to explore the uses of Project Server based on roles, business perspectives, and different stakeholders. We describe them from six different perspectives. These perspectives represent the majority of end users who work and need technology solutions in the project, program, and portfolio management space.
For each of these perspectives, the importance of being able to view, track, report, see, and predict work and progress has an important relationship to the prospective stakeholders and their working roles and requirements.
What You Will Learn
- How each role plays a part and how that part is connected in Project Server
- How to understand market opportunities and the right timing of leveraging Project Server for organizational success
- How to understand stakeholders' roles and involvement in establishing a successful project portfolio management (PPM) implementation
- Key steps in addressing each stakeholder's needs and avoiding pitfalls while maximizing success factors for a PPM implementation
- Different common challenges faced by different types of organizations that will be implementing PPM and how to overcome these challenges
- Key steps to creating wins for different organizations as well as how to best leverage knowledgeable resources for a successful Project Server 2010 implementation
Figure 2.1 Project Scalability Flowchart Source: Advisicon
Figure 2.2 Deliverables ...