Most strategy books on the market are about formulating and developing a winning strategy. Executing that strategy is often neglected. Making Your Strategy Work will show you how to get your strategy from paper to people.
With help from 100 leading executives, including Justin King (CEO of Sainsbury’s), Bob McDonald (CEO of Procter & Gamble) and Terry Leahy (ex-CEO of Tesco), this book answers the big strategy questions:
- Why is strategy development so difficult these days?
- How do you engage your people with your strategy?
- How do you lead and manage strategy effectively?
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Developing good strategy – a science or an art?
- 3 What makes strategy development difficult nowadays?
- 4 Why the top team must lead the charge
- 5 The execution of strategy – the people puzzle
- 6 So how do managers make a difference to strategy?
- 7 Ten strategic pitfalls …
- 8 … and ten ways to get it right
- 9 Tips for new leaders
- 10 In summary
- Further insights: the strategy checklist
- Contributor biographies
- Title: Making Your Strategy Work
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292002590