Most strategy books on the market are about formulating and developing a winning strategy. Executing that strategy is often neglected. Making Your Strategy Work will show you how to get your strategy from paper to people.
With help from 100 leading executives, including Justin King (CEO of Sainsbury’s), Bob McDonald (CEO of Procter & Gamble) and Terry Leahy (ex-CEO of Tesco), this book answers the big strategy questions:
- Why is strategy development so difficult these days?
- How do you engage your people with your strategy?
- How do you lead and manage strategy effectively?
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Developing good strategy – a science or an art?
- 3 What makes strategy development difficult nowadays?
- 4 Why the top team must lead the charge
- 5 The execution of strategy – the people puzzle
- 6 So how do managers make a difference to strategy?
- 7 Ten strategic pitfalls …
- 8 … and ten ways to get it right
- 9 Tips for new leaders
- 10 In summary
- Further insights: the strategy checklist
- Contributor biographies
- Title: Making Your Strategy Work
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292002842
You might also like
Elevate: The Three Disciplines of Advanced Strategic Thinking
According to a study published in Chief Executive Magazine, the most valued skill in leaders today …
Seven Strategy Questions: A Simple Approach for Better Execution
To stay ahead of the pack, you must translate your organization's competitive strategy into day-to-day actions …
Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
The global phenomenon that has sold 3.5 million copies, is published in a record-breaking 43 languages …
The Business Book
You can achieve your business dream. Beat the odds as you learn from the best - …