THE PROBLEMS WITH Managing Your Boss
To have an effective working relationship with your boss, you need to ensure that three fundamental things happen:
1. You get what you need.
2. Your boss gets what he or she needs.
3. The organization gets what it needs.
While it sounds pretty simple, several things can get in the way:
• lack of agreement on the challenge that needs to be solved
• unclear communication of expectations
• lack of agreement on solutions that are to be implemented
• assumptions made by you or your boss that are not shared or expressed
• insufficient communication
• communication that comes at the wrong time or in the wrong way
• desire for independence and a lack of interference
• desire for more direction and support ...