After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
1. differentiate psychological conflict from social conflict;
2. identify levels of organizational conflict;
3. describe different conflict management styles;
4. describe various methods of exerting psychological and social influence;
5. apply techniques to successfully negotiate, mediate, and arbitrate conflict.
Conflict often happens when there are opposing options from which to select. Conflict is inevitable in business activity. The handling of conflict both inside and outside of an organization depends on the personalities, history, and hierarchy of the firm. Lawyers and courts must at times become involved to settle conflicts that have ...