Are You Change-Ready?
Preparing for Organizational Change
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Why leaders must be respected and effective for change to happen
- The role of motivation in change- readiness
- The importance of a nonhierarchical culture in implementing change
- Tips on how to become “change-ready”
THE INFORMATION and advice given in this book will be of little use if your organization is not “change-ready.” By change-ready we mean that the people and structure of the organization are prepared for and capable of change. An organization is change-ready when three conditions are present:
- Leaders are respected and effective.
- People feel personally motivated to change.
- The organization is nonhierarchical and people are accustomed to ...