4+ Hours of Video Instruction
The first complete, hands-on video training guide to managing Office 365 cloud identities and requirements, and to preparing for Microsoft’s new MCSA 70-346 exam.
These easy-to-follow video tutorials thoroughly prepare you for Microsoft’s new MCSA 70-346 exam and help you securely and efficiently manage Office 365 identities and cloud services in any environment. Using hands-on demonstrations, top Office expert Matt Griffin guides you through every MCSA 70-346 exam topic, showing how to administer Office 365 and related services for maximum efficiency and productivity.Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements LiveLessons walks you through piloting Office 365 and provisioning Office services; ensuring strong security and efficient networking; managing cloud user identities with Azure Active Directory and DirSync; implementing and administering federated Single Sign-On (SSO); tracking availability and usage; streamlining and automating day-to-day user management; and troubleshooting the most common problems. There’s even a full lesson on Microsoft’s certification process including some great last-minute study tips. In just over four hours, you’ll be ready for your exam and any Office 365 administration challenge you’re likely to encounter.
About the Instructor
Matt Griffin, a Microsoft Certified Trainer, speaks at multiple User Groups, including IndyPASS and VMware User Group, and at the Indianapolis PowerShell User Group, where he is President. He has presented at the Indianapolis VMUG Demo Days, the PowerShell Summit, and the MCT Summit. He blogs regularly on Microsoft technology management and support.
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare for your Microsoft MCSA Exam 70-346
- How to configure Office 365 for an efficient, reliable deployment
- How to establish secure Office 365 administrative roles
- How to set up authentication, including password policies and multi-factor authentication
- How to manage Office 365 user identities, both on-premise and in the cloud
- How to set up and use the Azure Active Directory Sync Tool
- How to install and configure Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- How to monitor and troubleshoot Office 365 availability and usage
Who Should Take This Course
- Any IT professional or student preparing for the Microsoft MCSA/MCP Certification Exam 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
- IT professionals responsible for administering Microsoft Office 365 services, Office 365 ProPlus, Exchange Online, Lync Online, SharePoint Online, Azure Active Directory, and/or other Microsoft cloud services
- Basic experience with Office 365 Admin Center
- Basic understanding of Microsoft cloud services such as Exchange Online, Lync Online, SharePoint Online, Office 365 ProPlus, and Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with identity management concepts and infrastructure
Lesson 1: Introduction to Office 365
Review your understanding of Office 365 and its current licensing arrangements, and master key initial configuration steps required for a successful implementation.
Lesson 2: Planning and Implementing Networking and Security in Office 365
Configure your network and DNS services to ensure that Office 365 is fully functional; then begin implementing Rights Management (RM) and key Office 365 administrative roles.
Lesson 3: Managing Cloud Identities
Walk through configuring Office 365 authentication, from basic to advanced techniques, including user/group management, password policies, multi-factor authentication, and PowerShell scripting techniques for automating user management.
Lesson 4: Managing Office 365 Services
Master basic administrative techniques for managing Exchange Online, Lync Online, and SharePoint Online.
Lesson 5: Implementing and Managing Identities by Using Azure Active Directory Sync Tool
Transform a 100% cloud Office 365 tenant into a semi-hybrid solution that integrates an on-premise Active Directory for managing user credentials.
Lesson 6: Implementing and Managing Federated Identities
Migrate to a full hybrid solution for authentication. Set up on-premise Active Directory Federation Services to provide a single sign-on (SSO) solution that federates on-premise Active Directory with Office 365.
Lesson 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Office 365 Availability and Usage
Master key tools for troubleshooting Office 365 problems, tracking known issues, and monitoring the overall health of your Office 365 services.
Lesson 8: Preparing to Take the Microsoft Exam
Understand Microsoft certification, register for your exam, and discover last-minute study tips for improving your chances of first-time success.
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.
Table of contents
Lesson 1: Introduction to Office 365
- Learning Objectives 00:00:43
- 1.1 Explore Office 365 fundamentals 00:05:50
- 1.2 Understand and manage Office 365 licensing 00:09:02
- 1.3 Plan an Office 365 pilot
- 1.4 Set up an Office 365 tenant
- 1.5 Understand the Admin Centers
- 1.6 Understand Office 365 PowerShell Connectivity
- 1.7 Add and configure custom domains
- Lesson 2: Planning and Implementing Networking and Security in Office 365
- Lesson 3: Managing Cloud Identities
- Lesson 4: Implementing and Managing Identities by using Azure Active Directory Sync Tool
- Lesson 5: Implementing and Managing Federated Identities
- Lesson 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Office 365 Availability and Usage
- Lesson 7: Preparing to Take the Microsoft Exam
- Title: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements (MCSA 70-346 exam) LiveLessons
- Release date: May 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134133234
You might also like
Office 365 Home User's Guide
The Office 365 Home User’s Guide is a tutorial, 60-minute video, in which users learn about …
Office Online! Let's Get Busy
1 Hour of Video Instruction Easy video tutorials help you make the most of the Microsoft's …
CompTIA A+ 220-801 (2012 Objectives)
In this CompTIA A+ 220-801 training course, expert author Mark Long will teach you everything you …
Office 365 for Small Businesses
The complete hands-on video guide to making the most of Microsoft Office 365 in your small …