In addition to laws, several regulations have created different U.S. entities. Most of these entities operate at the federal level.
Some of these entities have a direct impact on IT initiatives for most companies. Others are related only to companies engaged in specific activities. Organizations covered in this section are:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- State Attorney General (AG)
- U.S. Attorney General (U.S. AG)
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is a federal agency. It is charged with regulating the securities industry, which includes ...