Managing multiple Red Hat-based systems can be easy--with the right tools. The yum package manager and the Kickstart installation utility are full of power and potential for automatic installation, customization, and updates. Here's what you need to know to take control of your systems.
Table of Contents
- Managing RPM-Based Systems with Kickstart and Yum
- Manual Versus Automated
- Automating the Build
- Customizing Your Kickstart Install
- Kickstart Upgrades
- Custom Yum Repo
- Pre-Patching the Kickstart Installation
- Safely Automating Yum
- ks.cfg Syntax
- About the Author
- Title: Managing RPM-Based Systems with Kickstart and Yum
- Release date: March 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596513825