Book descriptionA valuable tool for anyone who wants to effectively manage and motivate twenty-something workers
Many books are being published on how to manage employees of the "millennial" generation, but the solutions offered are anecdotal at best. Backed by years of serious research, Managing the Millennials provides managers of all ages with specific recommendations and tools for engaging this burgeoning demographic-some 78 million strong. Each chapter shares relevant interviews, case studies, and offers research-backed ideas and best practices to help any organization and their leaders address the challenges generational diversity presents.
Answering the perplexing question of how does one lead and manage younger employees, this book
- Offers research-based guidance on getting the most from twenty-something employees
- Answers common questions and outlines practical solutions for building better relationships between the younger workers and the people who manage them
- Includes a Special Offer with immediate benefit to readers: access to the authors' Generational Rapport Inventory (GRI), a tool that measures a managers competencies and identifies strengths and weaknesses in dealing with Millennials.
- Accompanied by an associate web site, leadingthemillennials.com, offering a weekly blog addressing generational diversity issues in the workplace
Insightful and practical, Managing the Millennials is a valuable tool for millions of managers globally whose job it is to manage and motivate their twenty-something workers.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
PART I - THE MILLENNIALS HAVE ARRIVED!
- CHAPTER 1 - THE MILLENNIALS AND YOU
- CHAPTER 2 - AREN’T WE ALL JUST THE SAME?
- CHAPTER 3 - THE EFFECTIVE MANAGERS VERSUS THE CHALLENGED MANAGERS
- CHAPTER 4 - THE POINTS OF TENSION BETWEEN MANAGERS AND MILLENNIALS
PART II - DISCOVER THE CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR MANAGING TODAY’S WORKFORCE
- CHAPTER 5 - WHEN LETTING THEM HAVE IT THEIR WAY MAKES SENSE
- CHAPTER 6 - REWARDING THE RIGHT THINGS IN THE RIGHT WAYS
- CHAPTER 7 - THEY ARE AT THE HEAD OF THE CREATIVE CLASS
- CHAPTER 8 - FIRST THEM, THEN YOU
- CHAPTER 9 - FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH CARE
- CHAPTER 10 - IT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU
- CHAPTER 11 - THE BIG PICTURE DOES NOT EXIST UNTIL YOU HELP THEM SEE IT
- CHAPTER 12 - AMBIGUITY IS THEIR KRYPTONITE
- CHAPTER 13 - THEY WANT TO KNOW “WHY” BEFORE “WHAT”
- PART III - YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- Title: Managing the Millennials
- Release date: February 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470563939
You might also like
The Really Useful eLearning Instruction Manual: Your toolkit for putting elearning into practice
Technology has revolutionised every aspect of our lives and how we learn is no exception. The …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …
The Concise Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics
Offers a wide-ranging overview of the issues and research approaches in the diverse field of applied …