Have the career you want—without putting your family last.
Setting and achieving professional goals are complicated when you’re managing a career and a family. How do you get ahead when sometimes it's a struggle just to get through the day?
Managing Your Career provides the expert advice and practical solutions you need to help you find a way forward, whether you're taking time off, staying steady, reentering the workforce, or looking to advance.
You'll learn to:
- Define what a meaningful career means to you
- Set individual and family goals—and make progress on them
- Explore company benefits that support your career and your role as caregiver
- Focus your limited time for professional development
- Build support systems to get you through
The HBR Working Parents Series with Daisy Dowling, Series Editor, supports readers as you anticipate challenges, learn how to advocate for yourself more effectively, juggle your impossible schedule, and find fulfillment at home and at work. Whether you're up with a newborn or planning the future with your teen, you'll find the practical tips, strategies, and research you need to make working parenthood work for you.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: The Same, but Completely Different
- Section 1: Oh, the Places You’ll Go!: Take Stock and Set Your Vision
- Section 2: Be All Ears: Get Feedback
- Section 3: Choose Your Own Adventure: Set Goals and Make Career Choices
- Section 4: Without GPS: Navigate on and off the Career Ramp
- Section 5: All in the Family: Manage Relationships
- Section 6: Don’t Go It Alone: Get Support
- Epilogue: To Infinity, and Beyond!
- About the Contributors
- Title: Managing Your Career (HBR Working Parents Series)
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633699731
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Python One-Liners will teach you how to read and write “one-liners”: concise statements of useful functionality …