Objectives of This Book
This book is volume I of two volumes. This is designed to achieve the following objectives, without burying the reader in academic jargon:
- Provide a general framework for understanding knowledge and information, the foundations of both processes and workflow maps.
- Define Workflow Mapping and Analysis (WFMA) as a descriptive and analytical tool.
- Illustrate the need for WFMA to be understood and applied as a disciplined approach to the analysis of workflows and processes.
- Demonstrate the utility of WFMA for analyzing and collecting data on organizational processes.
- Illustrate the applicability of WFMA to universal organization issues such as efficiency, quality, and control; it also supports many functions in HRM, training, ...