2. Bartlett, John. (1992). Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations, 16th edition; Justin Kaplan, general editor.
3. Hauser, John, and Gerald Katz. “Metrics: You are What You Measure,” European Management Journal, Volume 16 No 5 October 1998.
4. Kaplan, Robert S., and David P. Norton. (1996). Balanced Scorecard, Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
5. Brady, Diane, with David Kiley and Bureau Reports. “Making Marketing Measure Up,” Business Week, December 13, 2004, 112–113.
6. Strictly speaking, all the numbers contain some error. For example, share might be estimated from retail sales to consumers or from shipments to retailers.
7. Barwise, Patrick, and John U. ...